Pages

Friday 4 September 2015

Seattle Shopping

Last weekend I went to a business trip to Seattle for Pax Prime. A cruelling 12+ hours of flying just to get there, and the same back, naturally. The jet lag was horrible! On the bright side I immediately noticed the hotels was to my liking when they told me that they had a complimentary shuttle service that stopped right in front on the biggest Sephora in the city. Perfect!

I've been super busy, but here's a quick look into what I got for myself.

Urban Decay After Dark pencil set, Kat Von D Ink Liner Trio, Urban Decay de-slick makeup setting spray, GlamGlow mud mask, two Kat von D liquid lipsticks, Sephora cream lip stain, two Sephora masks and a tiny pencil sharpener.

I recently fell in love with Urban Decay's pencils, and when I saw that they had a pencil set with the same name as the game expansion I'm working on at the moment, I just had to have this! I tried them out already and really like the shade of purple and brown, they make for great smoky eye looks. The Kat von D liner set was an impulse buy, I wanted to try them out. I'm a bit bummed that only the black liner is waterproof, but I have to see how they perform.

I didn't own any Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks by Kat von D before, but they are a product I've been wanting to try. I like dark, vampy reds so Damned seemed like my kind of a shade, and Echo looked very unique, it's a navy blue.

I tried to hunt down this shade of Sephora's Cream Lip Stain when I was in NY in May, but it was sold out everywhere! Now I finally found it and I love the shade. These have a very thin, light consistency so they are comfortable to wear, but they are still opaque and don't fade.

I needed a pencil sharpener for my carry-on makeup pouch, so I got the smallest one Sephora carried. I haven't tried the masks before but they looked interesting!

The de-slick spray was something I wanted to try, but didn't want to commit to a full size one in case I didn't like it. This smaller version seemed perfect for me! I love GlamGlow's moisturizing mask, so I'm thinking the other ones could be to my liking also and went for a trial size.

This is the Powermud Dualcleanse Treatment, I'm excited to try it!

The After Dark pencil set has an example of a look done with the pencils on the inside cover. The pencils in the set are Voodoo, Zero and Corrupt. Corrupt is especially lovely, it's quite light for a brown liner and looks gorgeous smudged.

The Kat von D liners. These I haven't tried yet!
I'm eager to get to dig in to this pile and tell you what I think of the products, but first I have to handle the anime and roleplaying convention, Tracon, here in Tampere. I'm giving two presentations and participating in a panel discussion tomorrow, so if you are attending, pop in to say hi!

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...