Pages

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Tattoo Post with Bones, Lilies and Lace!

When the tattoo artist who worked on my sleeve asked if I had any good pictures of the finished work, I realised I had not really taken any pics after the background of the moth in my upper inner arm was finished. Here's a few snaps finally in the fading autumn light!

The upper arm and shoulder were done in by a different artist 2012, here's my post of that part of the tattoo.

This post has pictures of the forearm finished, but inner upper arm still bare.

And here you can see the upper arm still missing the background color and lace.

The 2012 parts were done by Hexa at Precious Tattoo and the new parts from this year by Tomppa at Halo Tattoo. I really enjoyed these latest sessions, Halo is a great place with a really relaxed atmosphere and Tomppa has just the sort of style I like! Also he really knows how to do lace, I'm very impressed with the technique.

Roses, lilies and lace. I love the ending the lace has at the wrist, the tattoo artist Tomppa
draw it free-hand right on my skin and it was just perfect right from the start.

You can see here that the flower patterns in the lace are actually not
pure black, they have a little texture that mimics they way thread would
look on actual lace fabric. Also the screaming cat skull, my cats are
very vocal so it's perfect!

The moth shows best from the backside. It's in an ornamental frame with
a deep purple background. The purple might need a little touching up,
but I've been too busy to worry about it much.

Backside of the arm. I really like the lace next to the moth in the frame, it's so
realistic and works very well in tying together the whole tattoo.

Raven skull with a lily.

Moth and lace.

11 comments:

  1. Love the flowers and great lace detail (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is so beautiful! The lace adds such depth its wonderful to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really wanted lace and I think it works very well here!

      Delete
  3. Woohoo, full sleeve! [well, the elbow is bare..] Pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I could get it done when I forget how awful doing the inner upper arm felt ;D Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Looks great! I agree, the purple needs a touch-up as that spot is often a hard heal ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a painful area to tattoo, I think I need to spend some time forgetting how it felt before I get it touched up ;D

      Delete
  5. The way they ended the lace was lovely, like a wrist cuff/ glove thing that goes up your arm! I love how the lace ties it all together! The jewel is nice too! It looks beautiful all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd say the wrist is my favourite part, I see it every day and always feel proud to carry such a pretty form in ink :)

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh those are gorgeous. I am 10 kinds of jealous right now. So lovely. ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...