Pages

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Pretty Zombie Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick Review

I came across pictures of Pretty Zombie Cosmetics' liquid matte lipsticks a while ago. I'm a big fan of long-lasting matte lipsticks, they are very easy to wear, but sadly mostly come in boring normal colours. Well not Pretty Zombie's lipsticks! They have black, blue and a few shades of purple!

I got Three Witches, dark blue-based purple, Black Cat, plain black, Purple Poison, medium red-based purple, and Blue Moon, a bright blue.

I have to mention that some people have had experienced very long delivery times with the company. I only became aware of this after making an order, so after I waited until the end of their turnaround time (10 business days) I immediately emailed the company asking for a shipping confirmation or an explanation for the delay. They shipped my order the next day. If you do not wish to try your luck but want the product, you can try this shop that stocks Pretty Zombie lipsticks.

Purple Poison with contouring on the edges with Three Witches.
I tried Purple Poison and Three Witches. Both have a very nice texture and apply thinly, which makes them comfortable to wear for a long-lasting product. The shades are amazing, very bright and work well with my skin tone. The product dries fast, so there's not much time to blend if you want to do contouring. I resolved the problem by applying a thin layer of Purple Poison on the edges of Three Witches, which let the darker color show through a little bit but still made the edges fade nicely.


I really like the product, I'm just a bit disappointed with the company not notifying me when their stated TAT didn't hold. It's only natural to occasionally have things delayed, but especially if there have been problems, they should notify customers.

Full face, I was lazy and just applied the lipstick on no eyeshadow.

Lips before applying a second coat of Purple Poison to fade the edges of Three Witches.

21 comments:

  1. I really love their products <3 Although the same thing happened to me, the delivery took a real long time and they didn't ship my product before I sent an e-mail asking them what's taking so long :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sad when a company has great product but ridiculously poor customer service :(

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm often hesitant to combine blue based purple with a red based one, but these two work great together!

      Delete
  3. Ohh what beautiful colours! Maybe when I have money again I'll splurge on those too <3 they look magnificient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks flawless on the lips! I have recently purchased the liquid lipstick by Nyx called Transylvania and got really disappointed about its quality :( I have to try the ones by Pretty Zombie some time, every review I read about them is positive. But I can't right now ($$).
    Thanks for the information you shared in this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Transylvania is a tricky one to apply, I love the shade but it's just too much of a hassle. The same product in Copenhagen is very nice, it's a deep red. I hope you find a product you like!

      Delete
  5. I had the same problem with them, I water almost 3 months for products to arrive, had to contact them after 45 days to find out that they are late with all orders. So overall very bad relation with customers, which is sad because products are genius.

    Lip combo looks perfectly flawless, love it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets hope they get their act together with the service, it would be so nice to get more of these lipsticks, but I'm just not doing the waiting game again.

      Delete
    2. Me neither, and I really wanted black cat and potion #9.

      Delete
  6. The colour looks pretty intense, I'm gonna go check out all the other colour now too!

    <3
    margot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very nice, the colour is not opaque and the matte finish looks really pretty :)

      Delete
  7. Can you review the black color? I would love to see what you think of the liquid matte black lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I'm really looking forward to it, it might be a really nice product. I have another black matte liquid lipstick I can compare it to.

      Delete
  8. I'm having the exact same problem. Except I am still waiting for shipping confirmation after emailing them twice. I have not heard back from them. It's so sad that this company is so poorly with it's customer service yet produces such a great product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear that! It's a sad situation :(

      Delete
  9. I also had the same problem with Pretty Zombie Cosmetics. I bought two lipsticks and i had to wait for a month to have them. Also, you don't know about your package unless you send them an email. That sucks. </3

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have emailed them about my order. it has been 35 days. i have even tried to direct message them on instagram. but still no reply. Did any ladies get a reply?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get a reply. Did you mention you have to open a PayPal dispute unless they answer you? That might help, I went straight with that because I knew they can be flaky.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...