Pages

Tuesday 28 October 2014

My Favourite Perfumes

I have to say I this time of year is the worst for blogging! When I leave for work, it's dark, and when I come back from work, it's dark. So I ordered a set of lights, lets hope they make things easier. In the mean time, I wanted to tell you of my favourite perfumes.

I recently purchased a lot of 36 Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume samples and have been enjoying them for a few weeks. A few were not for my liking, so I gave them to a friend, but it's been fun to try out a new perfume every morning!

A little coffin shaped box of wonderful smellies!
The ones in the box are the ones I've already tried, the upper pile is the ones I haven't and the lower is the ones I absolutely love.
Playing around with the samples made me want to dig deeper into my perfume stash. Perfume is for me usually the final step in my beauty routine and I easily forget it. Putting on perfume makes me feel feminine and a bit mysterious, so I definitely should do it more often!

I don't have a large collection of perfumes, but I have a few specific types I like. Mostly I wear musky, dark scents with hints of sandalwood, rose, incense or such. But then I also adore light, crispy scents that might have some citrus, green apple or flowers.

These are my current favourites.
Dolce by Dolce & Gabbana.
I believe this is the most expensive perfume I own. I only have two other "brand" perfumes aside it. I won it at a raffle and was unsure if it would suit me, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's light and sophisticated, makes me think of the perfume department of a posh department store. I use it for formal parties where I feel I should appear less alternative than usually.

Raspberry Gingerale, I Smell Like A Witch, Love Oil #20.
The solid scents are by One Hand Washes The Other. I've ordered from a few Halloween collections and some are of the permanent selection. Rasberry Gingerale smells just like a sour candy might taste, and I love sour candy! It's very unique, I've never come across anything like it. Love Oil #20 is by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, it has a musky base and a very strong note of rose that lingers long on my skin.

The grey perfume oil bottle is I Smell Like A Witch by One Hand Washes The Other. The store description says it has "Red & White Roses, Cotton Candy, Bubble Gum, Smoke, Sandalwood, Patchouli & Vanilla Bean", and I think I can smell most of those in it. It has a slight sweetness to it, but not too overpowering, since patchouli, sandalwood and smoke tone it down. And it does smell like a witch!

Black Forest, Quoth the Raven, Horseman, Victorian Rose, I Smell Like A Witch, Toxid Lotus.
Black Forest is also from Black Phoenix. It's generally dark and musky, very soft and warm. I can't make out any specific notes, but it's very much for my liking. Quoth the Raven is a perfume oil by The Morbid The Merrier, which no longer exists. The bottle with the H is another perfume by the same company, it's called Horseman. Both have a unique depth and the most wonderful combination of musky scents. I use them very sparingly since I can't get more of those when I run out. I have to say Quoth the Raven is probably my all-time favourite perfume, it's just perfect!

Victorian Rose is a simple rose smell, with maybe just a hint of tea or something citrus-like. I like to use it in the summer for just a touch of scent. Toxid Lotus is a sample from One Hand Washes The Other, it smells a little bit like herbs and sandalwood with some sweetness.

Black Forest, Quoth the Raven, I Smell Like A Witch, Love Oil #20, Black Tea, Bitten.

Black Tea smells like its name - of strong, black tea. It has a slight sting to it, followed with a sweeter tea scent. Bitten is plain green apple, crisp, citrus-y and clean. It's one on my summer favourites along with Victorian Rose.

I have a lot of other solid scents, they are so easy to carry with you and have no risk of spilling ever. Perfume oils are my favourite type, since they go a long way with just a tiny bottle and last very well on my skin. Classic spray perfumes are nice, but I like to apply perfume to my wrists and behind my ears, and it's easier to do with solid scents and perfume oils.

Do you have favourite perfumes or certain scents you always go for in a perfume?

4 comments:

  1. Mulla on hyvin samantapainen tuoksumaku kuin sulla, paitsi hieman sinne ruokaisampaan puoleen menevä. Kaikki makea, kirpeänmakea ja kirpeä ovat suosikkejani. Vanilja, lakritsi, suklaa, toffee, myski, santelipuu, pippuri, omena, lime, mausteet... Ah! Pääsispä joskus tekemään oman parfyymin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those parfumes all sound really nice :)
    x Dawn // wickedlypleasant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aa, ihana nähdä noita indie-tuoksuja. Mullakin on vielä The Morbid The Merrier -näytteitä tallessa, voisikin kaivaa ne esille..
    Viime aikoina olen käytellyt paljon Hennan miitin goodie bagista saatua Lushin Imogen Rose -tuoksua (kiinteä), se on aivan ihanan maanläheinen ruusutuoksu! Mulla on muutamia mausteisempia suosikkeja, mutta enimmäkseen pidän viileistä ja raikkaista tuoksuista. Sitruksista, erityisesti bergamotista, iiriksestä.. mutta kyllä patsulin kellarimaisuuskin viehättää.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BPAL has so many interesting sounding perfumes but I am not good at choosing perfume samples just from a description, as I found when trying samples from another store. Luckily I did find the one I liked!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...