Pages

Sunday 19 October 2014

Horn Project

I came across some very nice looking plastic costume horns and decided to buy a few pairs to re-paint them. They were originally glossy with a sloppy red finish on a black base. My other half did the matte black base paint and I'm planning to add some purple and maybe a pearlescent finish or some glitter. The horns looked so nice even after just the base coat that I wanted to take some pictures with them!


The horns have a very nice shape and the texture on them looks good and is an easy surface to paint on. I really like their curve, they look realistic but are still so compact that I don't have to worry about getting stuck on doorways or poking people.




The horns came with a clear silicone ribbon to secure them on your head. I think I have to ditch it and go for a coated rubber band or a headband, since the silicone has so little stretch that the horns seems to slide around a lot. It might just be the fact that the silicone would get a better grip if it didn't have to sit on the shaved side of my head, since it does stay in place under my hair.


What do you guys think? Glitter, shimmer or are they best just as they are now?

6 comments:

  1. I think they are amazing as they are. I would not change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree they do look great as they are. They matt paint works really well with the texture of them, there's so much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as they are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find for costume horns! I would love some like that! I tried to make a pair with chicken wire and papier mache and they were way too heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! I love them as they are, but accents of black glitter could be pretty amazing as well...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...