Pages

Friday 20 June 2014

Heelless New Rock Shoes

Here are better pictures of my gorgeous new shoes! They are called Plataforma Extreme Acero by New Rock (that might be just Spanish for weird heels but I don't know the language ;P) and I ordered them directly from New Rock's own web store.

I had looked at a different style with the same sole at a booth in WGT's market area. I liked them, but when I saw the price, I didn't like them THAT much ;D Upon arriving home I took a peek at the web store and felt very lucky when I found a few models with the heelless sole on sale. One had my size left and the patent leather looked great. I usually am a bit wary of shoes that have "a lot going on", meaning there are spikes and buckles and shiny leather and metal parts and everything shoved into just one pair of shoes. But these were different! They do have crazy buckles with flaming skulls, spikes, patent leather, metal soles, big New Rock logo and even a tiny skull with rhinestone eyes in the back, but it all seems to work together. Also they might be the type of pair that I'd pair with a toned down outfit. As if I'd ever wear one when going out ;P But when I do, these are the shoes I'd wear with it!

They look impossible to walk in, but are actually very stable. The curved front part makes them pleasant to walk in, and the sole extends quite far back, which helps with standing still. I've only worn them briefly outside so I'm not yet sure how they fare for longer times or short distances, but I'm pleasantly surprised by how they feel. New Rocks are usually comfortable, and these are not an exception. They are made of real leather and run true to size. There's a zipper on the inner seam to get the shoes on and off fast. The only thing that I do not like is that they have spikes on the heel in the place where I usually grab the shoe when pulling it off ;D




10 comments:

  1. I don't know why but I just can't get my head around the heel-less part! It's like some kind of illusion hahaha. They are nice though, everybody loves buckles right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially buckles with flaming skulls! ;D The shape is really clever I think!

      Delete
  2. First reaction was: WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE. :D They look like they're defying gravity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...I'm in love with these shoes...
    ...:)...
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic! I still can't work out how they balance shoes like that, I imagine I would still find a way to fall over! New Rock used to be really big around Australia/ New Zealand, (I think they still are) I remember in the 1999/2000s series The Tribe, New Rocks were a big part of Post Apocalypse fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the Tribe, but the boots sure do fit that scene! I know it was shown in Finland, but I somehow missed it.

      Delete
  5. These shoes. In my closet. Yes please! THEY ARE GREAT!!

    x Dawn
    www.wickedlypleasant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...