Pages

Thursday 10 January 2013

Geek Chic Non-Euclidean Review

Geek Chic Cosmetics released a H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos' inspired collection a while ago. I'm a big Lovecraft fan (I have all his works in my bookshelf, plus some doubles with prettier covers ;P) and had been planning to order another shadow for a while. On Black Friday they had a sale and I finally did go shopping!

This is Non-Euclidean eyeshadow that's described on the page like this: "Non-Euclidean is a semi-sheer black with strong rainbow sparkle. Amazing sparkles in this." In the pictures on the page it looks very green and that was what I was expecting. I don't think I even read the description, silly me!

Non-Euclidean used for a smoky eye look.



As you can see, the shade is more like gunmetal/dark grey with lots of sparkle. Pretty, but not the shade I was expecting. I feel the base isn't dark enough, it always looks a bit grey and thus takes away from the sparkle a bit. So, note to self: always read the shade description carefully, even if it's named after something by your favourite author!

I got only a sample and plan to mix it with something else. I have many black based shadows with multicoloured glitter and this one sadly isn't among my favourites, so it must go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...